Maxim Integrated’s ZON M3 single-phase energy meter SoC enables ±0.1% accuracy over 5000:1 dynamic range.
Using the ZON™ M3 (MAX71315) single-phase electricity meter SoC from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc., engineers now have a highly accurate, low-cost design system for e-meters and solid-state meters.
Automotive Superior metering metrology is essential for accurate monitoring and billing. Additionally, meter manufacturers must consider cost in their designs, as millions of meters are being deployed throughout the globe.
The ZON M3 energy-meter solution integrates four 24-bit ADCs for 4-channel data collection and ±0.1% measurement accuracy over 5000:1 dynamic range. A 32-bit metrology compute engine (CE) ensures high-accuracy processing of all collected data. Its two touch-switch inputs eliminate mechanical switches and improve user experience, and its infrared (IR) communications interface eliminates the typical extra IR receiver module. All the high integration reduces cost and improves user experience.
• Superior metering accuracy: over ±0.1% over 5000:1 dynamic range
• High integration: integrated touch-switch inputs and IR communications improve user experience and reduce system cost; multiple interfaces (SPI, I2C, and 4 USART) for design versatility; real-time clock (RTC) with temperature compensation and digital temperature sensor for highly accurate temperature compensation; ample Flash and RAM memory for long-term service
• High performance: a 32-bit metrology CE ensures high-accuracy processing of all collected data
Availability and Pricing
• The ZON M3 electricity meter is available in a 100-pin LQFP package.
• Pricing starts at $2.81 (1000-up, FOB USA).