Indium Corporation will feature its portfolio of proven products for miniaturization at the China Electronics Manufacturing Automation & Resources Exhibition (CMM), July 9-11, 2020, in the town of Houjie, Dongguan, China.
Indium Corporation offers a wide portfolio of proven products that meet the evolving needs of miniaturization in mobile, automotive, and 5G infrastructure applications. From paste to wire, flux, and preforms, Indium Corporation’s products are specifically engineered to support smaller components that require precision materials, including:
- Durafuse™ LT—a novel, low-temperature alloy system designed to provide high-reliability in low-temperature applications with reflow below 210°C. Where traditional low-temperature solders can produce brittle solder joints that are susceptible to drop shock failures, Durafuse™ LT offers improved drop shock resilience, outclassing BiSn or BiSnAg alloys, and performs better than SAC305 with optimum process setup.
- PicoShot™ NC-5M—a no-clean halogen-free solder paste developed with Mycronic for their MY600 and MY700 jetting systems. Its innovative formulation provides exceptional jetting performance and its unique oxidation barrier promotes complete powder coalescence during reflow to eliminate graping and similar reflow issues. PicoShot™ can be used in stand-alone applications, such as system-in-package (SiP), jetting into cavities, stencil-replacement, shield-attach, and microBGA.
- 8HF Solder Paste is a jetting and microdispensing solder paste formulated to be compatible with a wide range of microdispense and jetting systems. Inherently chemically compatible with Indium8.9HF Solder Paste, Indium12.8HF is optimized for long-term jetting and dispensing and is formulated to combat common jetting and dispensing defects, such as graping and head-in-pillow (HIP).
- Indalloy®292is an innovative alloy engineered to provide advanced reliability for high-performance applications, offering excellent thermal cycling performance at -40/150°C conditions, high shear strength, and low solder joint cracking. Additionally, it provides pinhole elimination, which improves joint appearance. Indalloy®292 offers outstanding printability, stability, and enhanced SIR performance when paired with Indium8.9HF Solder Paste.
- QuickSinter® silver sintering paste delivers consistent, high-speed sintering on a variety of surfaces and die metallizations. QuickSinter® works well in both high- and low-temperature pressure or pressureless applications. It can be used for discretes, small modules, and integrated power modules.
- WS-446HF flip-chip and ball-attach flux is a water-soluble, halogen-free flux with an activator system powerful enough to promote good wetting on the most demanding surfaces, including solder-on-pad (SoP), Cu-OSP, ENIG, surfaces used in embedded trace substrate (ETS), and flip-chip on leadframe (FCOL). WS-446HF features an activator chemistry powerful enough to deal with a variety of metallizations, yet cleans away completely to eliminate electrical failures, such as dendrites. Its tackiness is suitable for flip-chip and ball grid array (BGA) assembly.
For more information, visit Indium Corporation’s experts at the show at booth 6006.
Indium Corporation is a premier materials manufacturer and supplier to the global electronics, semiconductor, thin-film, and thermal management markets. Products include solders and fluxes; brazes; thermal interface materials; sputtering targets; indium, gallium, germanium, and tin metals and inorganic compounds; and NanoFoil®. Founded in 1934, the company has global technical support and factories located in China, India, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and the USA.