Indium Corporation has released NC-702, a no-clean, near-zero residue, halogen-free adhesive solution designed for holding parts in place during placement and reflow processes.
Designed for use in a formic acid reflow environment, NC-702 is specially formulated with high tack to hold a die, chip, or solder preform in place without movement, creating a low-cost tooling-free solution over pick and place investments. While NC-702 has the tack strength to hold materials in place, the material is completely evaporated out during reflow, eliminating the time-consuming post-reflow residue cleaning steps. Benefits include:
- No evidence of contamination during reflow, enabling use in formic acid reflow environments without risk of damaging equipment
- Flexible application method via dipping, dispensing, or jetting, potentially reducing process costs
- Minimal voiding present and good soldering performance; although classified as an adhesive solution, NC-702 does not negatively affect soldering performance
- Compatible with molding and underfill material
- Compatible with most common SAC alloys
For more information about NC-702, contact Indium Corporation Product Specialist Evan Griffith at email@example.com.