Infineon Technologies AG simplifies the design and implementation of secured smart home devices with a new evaluation kit based on an OPTIGA™ Trust M security solution for Raspberry Pi. Using this kit, device manufacturers can experience the strong security of Infineon’s security hardware in combination with the new Connected Home over IP standards that are being developed by the Zigbee Alliance. Basing the new kit on the familiar Raspberry Pi platform accelerates quick prototyping which is particularly key for IoT device manufacturers.
The OPTIGA Trust M supports many features that are highly valuable for the Connected Home over IP standards:
- Common Criteria Certified EAL6+ (high) hardware security controller
- Infineon true Zero Touch Provisioning and Secured and Certified Chain of Trust
- Secured data storage and full X.509 certificate handling
- Cryptographic support for AES, ECC NIST and Brainpool P256/384/512, RSA, TLS
- TRNG/DRNG random number generators
- I2C interface with Shielded Connection (AES encrypted and Authenticated communication)
- Hibernating mode for zero power consumption
The new “ Connected home security evaluation kit with OPTIGA™ Trust M for Raspberry Pi” enables these features to be easily employed. All that is required for the integration is the OPTIGA Trust M and support software from Infineon, a Raspberry Pi board supplied by the customer and Zigbee Alliance’s open source reference software implementation of the Connect Home over IP standards.