Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) introduced today the AD7134 alias-free analog-to-digital converter (ADC) that significantly simplifies front-end design and speeds up time to market for precision DC-350kHz applications. Traditional precision data-acquisition signal chain design is a time-consuming activity as designers balance anti-alias filter requirements, passive component tolerances, phase and gain errors, as well as high-speed ADC drive requirements. The AD7134 introduces a new architecture for precision ADCs that fundamentally changes the design process. The new device removes the need for anti-alias filter, and its resistive input significantly simplifies ADC drive.
- Download data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards: http://www.analog.com/AD7134
- Connect with engineers and ADI product experts on EngineerZone™, an online technical support community: http://ez.analog.com
- Watch a video about the AD7134 https://www.analog.com/en/education/education-library/videos/6194319396001.html
- Read the technical article about AC and DC data acquisition signal chains: https://www.analog.com/en/analog-dialogue/articles/ac-and-dc-data-acquisition-signal-chains-made-easy.html
The AD7134 is a quad-channel, 24-bit precision ADC with output data rate scalable from 10SPS to 1.5MSPS. Inherent anti-aliasing up to 102 dB eliminates the need for an external anti-alias filter, thus requiring 60 fewer passive components and five fewer active components. It also saves 70% board area, relative to a typical alternative implementation. Asynchronous sample-rate converter, simplifies multi-device synchronization, enables user to achieve coherent sampling system with ease, and simplifies isolation requirements.
AD7134 Key Features:
- Alias-Free: inherent antialias rejection up to 102.5dB, typical
- THD: -120dB typical (ideal for AC, vibration or acoustic measurements)
- 108dB Dynamic Range (at ODR = 374kSPS)
- Multiple Linear Phase Digital Filter Options (SINC6 for low latency, FIR for passband flatness)
- Offset error drift: 0.7uV/°C typical
- Gain drift: 2ppm/°C typical
Pricing and Availability
|Product||Full Production||Price Each Per 1,000||Packaging|
|AD7134||NOW||$17.85||56-Lead LFCSP (8mm × 8mm)|