Highly scalable SMARC 2.0 module based on the latest IoT-enabled embedded processors from Intel(R)
Kontron, a leading global provider of IoT/Embedded Computing Technology (ECT), has introduced the new SMARC-sXAL4 module. The module is available with either Intel Atom(R), Intel(R) Pentium(R) or Intel(R) Celeron(R) processors of the latest generation. With dimensions of only 82 mm x 50 mm, it can be used flexibly, and the E2 version is designed for use in an extended temperature range from -40°C to +85°C. Thanks to its large number of interfaces, significantly improved computing power and excellent performance-per-watt ratio, the SMARC-sXAL4 is ideally suited for use in industrial IoT and Industry 4.0 systems.
The SMARC-sXAL4 will be available in five versions: either with DualCore or QuadCore processors. Together with the SMARC-sXAL (E2), which supports DDR3 ECC memory, Kontron now offers customized modules for every purpose based on all current IoT-enabled embedded processors from Intel(R). The SMARC-sXAL4 has up to eight GB LPDDR4 memory down RAM, up to two 1000 MBit/s Ethernet, up to four PCIe x1 and four USB 2.0 ports (alternatively: one USB OTG), as well as two USB 3.0 ports. Up to 128 Mbytes of eMMC (MLC) onboard memory serve as mass storage. The new module also has a SATA 6 GB/s and four serial interfaces (two RX and TX ports each), one HD Audio and one I2S, five I2C, two SPI, two MIPI CSI and twelve GPIO, one HDMI, one DP++ and one Dual Channel LVDS interface (on request also for eDP displays). Users also benefit from the high graphics performance of Intel(R) HD Gfx Gen9. Up to three 4K displays can be controlled independently.
The SMARC-sXAL4 uses the operating systems Windows(R) 10, Enterprise, Windows 10 IoT, Linux and VxWorks. The VCC voltage of the module is 5V; a wide-range voltage input has been omitted.
The new Kontron SMARC-sXAL4 (E2) supports the Kontron APPROTECT security solution based on Wibu-Systems CodeMeter(R). Kontron APPROTECT Licensing also enables new business models such as ‘pay-per-use’ and time-based trial versions.
The SMARC-sXAL4 is available in the following standard variants:
• SMARC-sXAL4 N4200 4G/8S. SMARC with Intel(R) Pentium(R) N4200, 4GB LPDDR4 memory down, 8GB eMMC pSLC, commercial temperature
• SMARC-sXAL4 N3350 2G/4S. SMARC with Intel(R) Celeron(R) N3350, 2GB LP-DDR4 memory down, 4GB eMMC pSLC, commercial temperature
• SMARC-sXAL4 E3930 4G/8S. SMARC with Intel Atom(R) x7 E3930, 4GB LPDDR4 memory down, 8 GB eMMC pSLC, industrial temperature
• SMARC-sXAL4 E3940 4G/16S. SMARC with Intel Atom(R) x7 E3940, 4GB LPDDR4 memory down, 16 GB eMMC pSLC, industrial temperature
• SMARC-sXAL4 E3950 8G/32S. SMARC with Intel Atom(R) x7 E3950, 8GB LPDDR4 memory down, 32 GB eMMC pSLC, industrial temperature
For more information please visit: https://www.kontron.com/products/boards-and-standard-form-factors/smarc/smarc-sxal-e2-.html
Kontron – An S&T Company | https://www.kontron.com