Production units are now available for the IA18×ER embedded processor. These devices are form, fit, and function compatible with the Am186™ER and Am188™ER devices. The IA18xER is capable of operating as a 186 or 188 processor (16-bit or 8-bit) and is available in 100-lead PQFP and 100-lead LQFP RoHS-compliant packages.
Innovasic’s version of the Am186™ER and Am188™ER has the same instruction set as the original and provides full software compatibility – no special software tools or re-compile steps are required. The same 1 Mbyte memory address space and 64 Kbyte I/O space are supported along with the same 32 Kbytes of internal RAM. The PLL operates the same and allows the processor to operate at up to four times the input clock.
All of the integrated peripherals in the original device are contained in the Innovasic device including:
• Thirty-two Programmable I/O (PIO) pins
• A synchronous serial interface allowing half-duplex, bidirectional data transfers
• An asynchronous serial port allowing full-duplex, 7-bit or 8-bit data transfers
• A PSRAM controller including auto refresh capability
• Two independent DMA channels with DMA to and from the asynchronous serial port
• A reset configuration register
• A programmable interrupt controller with six external interrupts
• Three programmable 16-bit timers
• A hardware watchdog timer to generate an NMI or system reset
• Programmable memory and peripheral chip select logic
• A programmable wait state generator and power-save clock mode.
The IA18×ER operates at 3.3V with 5V tolerant I/O over the -40°C to +85°C industrial temperature range.