Circuit Design, Inc., the leading supplier of low power radio modules, has recently developed the new WA-TX-03S and WA-RX-03S wireless audio modules for the European harmonized 863 - 865 MHz audio band.
Like its predecessor, WA-TX-03-R and WA-RX-03-R, the WA-TX-03S and WA-RX-03S can be set to 15 communication frequency channels within the 863 – 865 MHz band. In addition to offering the same frequency response sufficient for audio transmission, the compander noise reduction system enables wireless transmission of clear sound, with improved dynamic range of 90 dB or more.
By focusing on simple wireless audio transmission processing functions, the product guarantees the user maximum flexibility in developing higher order software. Communication between modules uses only RF channels. So for example, if the modules are embedded in a tour guide system, as long as the channel settings match, there is no limit to the number of receivers used.
As embedded modules, they include nearly all the parts necessary for audio transmission in a small shielding case, allowing the user to input / output audio signal directly without complex interface. Therefore it is possible to develop audio transmission equipment in a short time.
By using a single pin, the user can select RF output levels of 5 and 10 mW. Its other functions and pin layout are compatible with WA-TX-03-R and WA-RX-03-R. The variable squelch control allows automatic muting of audio in poor RF conditions along with audio mute indication terminal.
• RED and RoHS compliant radio modules
• Dynamic range of more than 90dB thanks to the compander noise reduction system
• Frequency response range 50Hz – 13kHz
• 15 RF channels with 125kHz steps
• RF power selection of 5 and 10 mW
• Variable squelch sensitivity
• High sensitivity receiver
• Compact (36 × 26 × 8 mm) and light (13g)
• Achieves stable operation with all high frequency circuits required for transmitting and receiving enclosed inside the casing
• Reduced impact of interfering waves from external sources through robust shielding case
• Pin compatible with WA-TX-03-R and WA-RX-03-R
• Audio guiding in museums
• Tour guide systems
• Wireless conference systems
• Voice monitoring systems
• Wireless microphone systems
Circuit Design | www.cdt21.com